Originally from Pakistan, Dr. Sobani graduated from the Aga Khan University Medical College in in 2012. Upon graduation Dr. Sobani completed an internship in General Surgery from the Ichan School of Medicine, Mount Sinai West, followed by a residency in Internal Medicine from Maimonides Medical Center, and a fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology from the University of New Mexico. Dr. Sobani’s research interests focus on novel, minimally invasive endoscopic techniques to manage a variety of gastrointestinal conditions.
• Large polyp resection,
• Colon cancer prevention and screening,
• Inflammatory bowel disease,
• Gastrointestinal bleeding,
• Digestive health including dyspepsia, constipation and diarrhea,
• Gastroesophageal reflux disease,
• Liver diseases and cirrhosis.
• Therapeutic endoscopy,
• Outcomes based research,
• Medical education experience,
• Quality improvement,
• Disparities in Health and Health Care.
Clinical Assistant Professor
Medical School: Aga Khan University Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan.
Residency: Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
Fellowship: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM.
Resources & Tools.