Jana Davis, MD, FAAOS
During medical school I joined the Air Force as a Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) recipient. Upon concluding residency, I entered into active duty service with the Air Force as a general orthopaedic surgeon. I had the privilege of serving a total of 12 years active duty with the Air Force, prior to my separation as a Lt Col in July of 2020. Following my military service, I pursued and completed a fellowship in orthopaedic trauma.
acute fracture care, pelvis and acetabulum fracture treatment, nonunion and malunion surgery
1. Davis JM, Stinner DJ, Bailey, JR, Aden, JK, Hsu JR. Factors Associated with Mortality in Combat-Related Pelvic Fractures, presentation at 53rd Annual Meeting for Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2011 Dec; San Diego, CA
2. Davis JM, Stinner DJ, Bailey, JR, Aden, JK, Hsu JR. Factors Associated with Mortality in Combat-Related Pelvic Fractures, presentation at George E. Omer, Jr Research Symposium. San Antonio, TX. May 2014.
3. Radio Interview. Bone health: what it means to you. Armed Forces Network Radio. March 2018.
4. Damage-Control Resuscitation. Podium presentation at: International Disaster Medicine Conference; 16-19May 2018; Vilnius, Lithuania
5. Military Medicine. Podium Presentation at Association Internationale pour
l´Ostéosynthèse Dynamique (AIOD) Deutschland Basic Fracture Course. May 2019. Alpbach, Austria.
6. Military Medicine. Podium Presentation at Association Internationale pour
l´Ostéosynthèse Dynamique (AIOD) Deutschland Basic Fracture Course. September 2019. Sylt, Germany.
7. Relative Stability and Intramedullary Implants. Lecture for Carolinas Medical Center Residency Program. August 14, 2020. Charlotte, NC.
8. “Posterior Wall Acetabulum Fractures”, Carolinas Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic Trauma. September 14, 2020.
9. Grand Rounds for Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Georgia. “Posterior Wall Acetabulum Fractures.” October 23, 2020.
10. Davis, JM. How I Found My Job During the COVID 19 Pandemic. AAOS Webinar, March 22, 2021.
11. Davis JM. The Emergent Management of Pelvic Ring Injuries. Global Health Outreach with Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Center. June 2, 2021.
12. Davis JM. Equity and Inclusion: Gaps Based on Gender. Atrium Health Musculoskeletal Institute Grand Rounds. July 15, 2021.
1. Davis JM, Robins JR, Frink SJ, Rispoli DR. Use of a Compression Tumor Implant with Total Elbow Arthroplasty for Traumatic Distal Humerus Bone Loss in a Young Female: A Case Report. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010 Sep;19(6):e24-8 (Poster presentation at Annual Meeting of Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons; Dec 2009; Honolulu, HI)
2. Davis JM, Stinner DJ, Bailey, JR, Aden, JK, Hsu JR. Factors Associated with Mortality in Combat-Related Pelvic Fractures. J of the Am Acad of Orthop Surg: 2012;20(8):S7-12 (Poster presentation at Annual Meeting for Advanced Technology Applications for Combat Casualty Care; 2011 Aug 15-18; Ft Lauderdale, FL, paper presentation at 53rd Annual Meeting for Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2011 Dec; San Diego, CA- Founder’s Award Finalist)
3. Hess DJ, Durning S, Davis JM, Dunlap J, Slabaugh MS. Nutritional Supplement Use at Joint Base Balad, Iraq. Poster presented at: 53rd Annual Meeting for Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2011 Dec; San Diego, CA
4. Anderson B, Davis JM, Allred CD. The Sports Medicine Team in NCAA Division I Athletics. 55 the Annual Meeting for Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2013 Dec; Vail, CO
5. Davis JM, Cuadro M, Roomian T, Wally MK, Seymour RB, Hymes R, Ramsey L, Hsu JR. Impact of Anesthesia Selection on Post-Op Pain Management in Operatively Treated Hip Fractures. AO Trauma North America Fellows Forum. May 23-25, Barton Springs, FL.
I believe in assisting with early return to function following trauma. My team and I will work toward assisting you in returning to work as well as educating you about your condition and rehabilitation plans.
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Division of Trauma
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Certified, 2016
Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 2004-2008
Internship: Transitional Internship, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, 2008-2009
Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, 2009-2014
Fellowship: Orthopaedic Trauma, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC, 2020-2021
Resources & Tools.