Ana Mavarez, MD
Dr Mavarez is originally from Venezuela. She trained in Anesthesiology as well as in Pediatric Anesthesiology at the University of Miami, Florida. She is fluent in English and Spanish. Her clinical interest are pediatric regional anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia research and simulation. Her main goal is to provide excellent anesthesia care to her pediatric patients.
-Clinical Interest: Pediatric Regional Anesthesia and Simulation in Pediatric Anesthesia
-Teaching and Simulation activities to provide education and enhance the practice of pediatric anesthesia and perioperative care.
-Research and scientific state-of-art publications to improve pediatric anesthesia around the world.
-Mentoring and teaching pediatric anesthesia to students of all types.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
1. Rodriguez-Aldrete, D., Silvanesan, E., Banks, S., Mavarez, A., Arheart, K., Eber, S. and Munoz-Price, S. Recurrent Visual Electronic Hand Hygiene Remainders in the Anesthesia Work Areas. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology. Cambridge Journals. July 2016. DOI:10.1017/ice.2016.29. PMID:26861513. Publication Status: Published.
2. Mavarez AC, Ripat C, Suarez M. Pectoralis Plane Block for Pacemaker Insertion: A Successful Primary Anesthetic. Frontiers in Surgery, Heart Surgery Journal. November 2019. DOI:10.3389/fsurg.2019.00064. PMID: 31824958. Publication Status: Published.
3. Jorge-Reynolds L., Meyerson P., Rodriguez L, Del Rio I, Mavarez AC. Anesthetic considerations in Jansen’s metaphyseal chondrodysplasia: A case report of a pediatric difficult intubation in a rare type of dwarfism. Anaesthesia & Critical Care Medicine Journal. December 2019. Volume 4, Issue 4. DOI: 10.23880/accmj-16000166. Publication Status: Published.
4. Mavarez AC, Palte H, Rodriguez L. Pediatric Eye Block and Local Anesthesia Systemic Toxicity. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia. April 2020. Volume: 14, Issue 2, Page 287-288. DOI: 10.4103/sja.SJA_788_19. PMID: 32317909. PMCID: PMC7164475. Publication Status: Published.
5. Mavarez AC, Ahmed AA. Transabdominal Plane Block. July 28 2020. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; January 2020. PMID: 32809362. Publication Status: Published.
Peer Reviewed Book Chapter
1. Candiotti K., Carvalho E., Mavarez A. (2015). Chapter 5: Genomics and Personalized Medicine in PONV Management. In TJ Gan and Ashraf Habib (Ed.), Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting. Durham, NC 27710: Cambridge University Press.
Assistant Professor of Pediatric Anesthesia
Director of Simulation Education for Pediatric Anesthesia
American Board of Anesthesiology - Certified, 2020
Medical School: Universidad de Oriente, Escuela de Medicina, Nucleo Bolivar. Venezuela
Internship: University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital. Miami, FL
Residency: University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital. Miami, FL
Fellowship: University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Holz Childrens Hospital/ Nicklaus Childrens Hospital. Miami, FL
Resources & Tools.