Genetic Counseling Services
Welcome to the Georgia Cancer Center's Genetic Counseling Services!
Genetic counseling is the process of helping people understand and adapt to the medical, psychological, and familial implications of genetic contributions to disease.
Our patient services include:
- Consultation to collect family medical history, focusing particularly on incidence of cancer to assess risk
- Insurance verification for genetic testing
- Interpretation of test results and discussion of management guidelines by genetic counselor and medical oncologist
- Discussion of management options with primary care physician or referring physician
- Comprehensive hereditary cancer referral source
- Information resource about genetic testing, including printed materials, and education for office staff
Angela Brickle, MS, CGC