Welcome to Neuro-Oncology
Brain cancer refers to cancer cells that originate in the brain or spread from other areas of the body to the brain. Cancer care can be complex, but the neuro-oncology clinic makes it simple with the region’s only multidisciplinary clinic for brain tumors.No matter the stage of your brain cancer, you can rely on our physicians to provide you with optimal support and expertise during this difficult time.
Our healthcare team uses the most sophisticated technology and procedures available to treat complex cancers of the brain, head, neck, and central nervous system. The Brain Tumor Center is at the forefront of advances to prolong and improve the quality of life for patients with every type of malignant brain tumor, including glioblastomas, gliomas, head and neck tumors, spinal tumors and metastatic tumors.
The multidisciplinary team includes fellowship-trained specialists in neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neuro-radiology, radiation oncology, otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, neuro-ophthalmology and medical oncology.
Why Choose The Georgia Cancer Center for Your Brain Tumor Treatment?
- We provide the area’s only multidisciplinary brain tumor program.
- We utilize the latest treatment tools, including Gamma Knife Perfexion with Extend technology, which treats brain tumors previously believed inoperable, without an incision.
- We offer state-of-the-art clinical trials, with new treatments not available anywhere else in the region, including cancer vaccines and focused drug therapies
- We provide supportive services like our full-service Image Boutique and support groups.
Brain Cancer Symptoms
Symptoms of brain cancer vary depending on the size and location of the tumor, but may include:
- Frequent headaches
- Numbness in the arms or legs
- Speech and coordination issues
- Visual problems
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unexplained seizures