Specialized Treatment for Bone Cancer, Cancer-Related Bone Issues and Extremity Soft-Tissue Cancers in Augusta, GA
Our orthopaedic oncologists are part of The Georgia Cancer Center, the region’s only comprehensive cancer center, offering state-of-the-art treatments. What sets us apart? A focus on multidisciplinary cancer care, which brings together a team of cancer specialists to develop an individualized plan of care that is right for you and your family.
- Monthly sarcoma tumor board, where cancer specialists carefully evaluate each individual patient and develop a plan of care, which may include diagnostic imaging, radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy and tumor resection or surgery to remove abnormal tissue.
- Fixation techniques for broken bones related to cancer treatment. Unlike typical bone, fractures caused by cancer treatment often resist healing and require advanced techniques.
- Joint replacement surgery, particularly due to cancer-related bone destruction, cancer treatment or avascular necrosis.
- Limb salvage surgery, which removes diseased bone and replaces it with a metal implant and maintains function of the extremity.
Additional services unique your needs:
- Nutritional counseling
- Image Boutique, offering supplies to help survivors look and feel their best
- Mental and spiritual health counseling
- Symptom management
- Tobacco cessation clinic
A single point of contact
Your nurse navigator will coordinate your appointments with the entire health care team on one day, in one location, including cancer physicians, radiation specialists, nurses, social workers and others.
If you have questions or need more information about our treatments and services, please contact the team nurse navigator:
Cell: 706-799-6412 | Pager: 6553