HPV PSA Video Competition
In March 2015, the Georgia Cancer Center and Augusta University Communications Department collaborated to increase awareness about the human papilloma virus (HPV). Undergraduate students enrolled in the Introduction to Video Production class developed public service announcements (PSA) revolving around the message "You can prevent the spread of HPV". The students first participated in a health education session to learn about HPV and its prevention, conducted independent research and utilized the information to develop their 30 or 60 second PSAs.
Winning videos were announced on March 12, during a lunch time awards ceremony. Winners were selected in six categories by a panel of judges plus on-line voting for the audience favorite. The winning videos can be viewed here.
- Best Representation of the Theme - HPV Harms All produced by Brian Earl
- Best Soundtrack - HPV Symptoms in Men produced by Donald Watson
- Most Creative - Don't Wait. Get Tested. produced by Ke'Ambra Smith
- Cinematography - For You...For Her produced by Brendon Ricciardi
- Technical Merit - Know Your Health Today produced by Jasmin Lewis
- Augusta University Spirit - What are you Scared of? produced by Sarah Dawn Veteto
- Audience Favorite - Don't Wait, Get Tested produced by Ke'Ambra Smith