How to Refer a Patient to the Georgia Cancer Center
We are honored to serve as your partner in clinical care for your patient. Our goal is to provide ease of communication from the very beginning. Referrals to the Georgia Cancer Center follow a step-by-step process for the smooth transition of patient care.
- Send referral paperwork to our secure messaging number 706-721-8776 so a nurse navigator can receive and route your referral.
- The appropriate Nurse Navigator will contact your patient to schedule an appointment.
- For questions about how to refer a patient, please contact our Nurse Navigator by type of cancer (solid tumor) or for bone marrow and stem cell transplant patient referrals, contact our Referral Coordinator.
Accepting Patients for All Types of Cancer We Treat
We welcome the opportunity to partner in the care of your patient for the following categories of cancer care:
- Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Breast Cancer
- GI/Liver/Pancreatic Cancer
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Prostate/Genitourinary Team
- Radiation Oncology
- Thoracic Oncology
- Supportive Care Services
Academic Medical Center Expertise in Cancer Care
For any patient needs, the Georgia Cancer Center offers both adult and pediatric cancer care, including bone marrow transplant, with a comprehensive team approach for all types of cancer we treat. As an academic medical center, Augusta University has a strong commitment to research and discovery, with access to clinical trials, and our cancer specialists train the next generation to continue to reduce the burden of cancer with advanced technology and cutting-edge therapies.
Our team approach to multi-disciplinary care, representing more cancer specific teams of care than any others in the region, provides the clinical experience and expertise necessary for any of your patient needs. With innovation in care through clinical trials, as well as supportive care and patient education, our teams strive to improve patient care with positive experiences.
Contact a Nurse Navigator for Questions about Referrals
For any questions about referring a patient to the Georgia Cancer Center, please contact one of our Nurse Navigators for answers and more information, or find information in our Physician Resources section.