Infertility? There's hope. There's help.
If you have been trying to become pregnant for one year, or are age 35 and above and have tried for six months and have been unable to conceive you are experiencing a reproductive problem.
Our mission at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates is to provide comprehensive healthcare to men and women with problems that center on infertility, reproductive disorders and genetics. Our principal objective is to provide this care in a courteous and empathetic manner.
A unique component of our practice is our ongoing research in human infertility. All of our fertility specialists are board certified in reproductive endocrinology and infertility and are also certified in obstetrics and gynecology.
In addition, we have two physicians who are certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics, one in clinical genetics and clinical molecular genetics and the other in clinical genetics and clinical cytogenetics.
We are conveniently located in downtown Augusta, Georgia, to help meet your infertility health needs. We welcome patients from Georgia and South Carolina, including Augusta, Aiken, Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Charleston, Columbia, Greensboro, Lexington, Macon, Savannah, Statesboro and Waynesboro.
Facts about infertility:
- About 10-15 percent percent of couples are affected by infertility.
- You should consider seeking help if you have been trying to get pregnant for one year on your own without success, or after six months if over 35 years of age.
- All couples need a complete evaluation because 30-40 percent of couples have more than one infertility problem.
- Infertility problems occur about equally in women and men.
- Contributing factors include being over 35 years old, irregular periods, prior pelvic infections, endometriosis and sperm abnormalities.
- More than half of couples treated for infertility become pregnant.
- Most patients with infertility can be treated without in vitro fertilization (IVF).
If you believe you may need our help, you may schedule an appointment online or call 706-722-4434.