Ophthalmology at West Wheeler
1220 West Wheeler Parkway, Suite B
Augusta, GA 30909
Convenient and comprehensive eye care? It’s here. Whether you require an eye exam or more specialized eye treatment, the Eye Clinic at West Wheeler offers the convenience of a private practice with the comprehensive care of the region’s only academic medical center.
Staffed by board-certified ophthalmologists, our eye clinic specializes in:
- Complete eye exams for adults 18 and older
- Diabetic eye exams
- Cornea-related conditions, such as dry eye syndrome, corneal ulcers and other infections, keratoconus and other corneal ectasias, corneal dystrophies such as Fuchs’ dystrophy, corneal injuries and cancers of the corneal surface
- Oculoplastics, including in-office eyelid surgery such as lid lifts and lid reconstruction
- Care for other conditions, including double vision, Graves disease, tear duct problems, skin cancer, prosthetic eyes and eyelid or socket tumors
- Cosmetic injections, such as fillers and Botox, for the eye area and face
Specialists in Eye Care
Because the Eye Clinic at West Wheeler is part of the Augusta University Health System, our physicians are highly trained specialists in their fields. We offer the broadest range of specialty care, including the region’s only cornea clinic and the region’s only fellowship-trained oculoplastic specialist.
West Wheeler also provides easy access for surgery or more complex management at our downtown eye clinic and surgery center.
Meet Your Physicians
Dr. Amy Estes, cornea specialist
Dr. Dilip Thomas, oculoplastics
Dr. Stephanie Goei, for patients with double vision