Apply to Become an Augusta University Volunteer
Please follow these steps to become a volunteer at Augusta University Medical Center:
- Complete the online application
- You will be contacted within seven business days to schedule a volunteer interview with a Volunteer Services and Engagement team member.
- After your interview, you will be directed to complete mandatory online testing covering:
- Patient Privacy
- Patient & Volunteer Safety
- In order to protect our patient’s health, all volunteers and employees are required to undergo the following health screening measures:
- Flu Shot
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
- In order to protect and ensure our patient’s security, all volunteers and employees are subject to the completion of a clear criminal background check.
- Upon successful completion of health and background screening, you will be contacted to schedule a volunteer orientation date.
- Attend orientation and receive parking, badging, and uniform instructions.
- Receive volunteer department assignment and volunteer schedule.
Adult Volunteer Requirements
To volunteer at the Medical Center, you must meet the following requirements:
- Accepted Volunteers will need to commit to at least four hours of volunteer service per week for a minimum of six months in order to be considered for the AU Volunteer Program.
- All volunteers must receive a tuberculosis screening and flu shot prior to service
- All volunteers must satisfactorily clear a criminal background check.