Speed Your Recovery with Functional Physical Therapy in Augusta, Georgia
If you're suffering from an injury that is limiting your athletic performance, ability to earn a living or daily activities, your physician may recommend physical therapy with a licensed physical therapist at Augusta University Sports Medicine.
Working with your physician, your therapist will perform an assessment to find areas of deficit, partner with you to establish personal goals and develop a treatment plan and timeline to meet those goals. Your therapy will focus on functional activities, helping you regain your strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and endurance. The 8,500-square-foot center offers:
- Five licensed physical therapists, including therapists with subspecialty training in spine care, lower extremity care, lower leg care and biomechanics
- State-of-the-art equipment
- A functional activities room where therapists perform running analyses and videotape, analyze and correct mechanics of movements
- Semiprivate areas and private exam rooms
- Area for fabrication of splints and orthotics
- A variety of therapeutic modalities, including electric stimulation, therapeutic ultrasound, iontophoresis and heat, cold and manual therapy
- Easy access to sports medicine physicians in the adjacent Sports Medicine Center
- A Runners' Clinic for injury prevention and treatment
- Certified athletic trainers who specialize in injury and illness prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for all physically active people.
- For more information or to speak to a physical therapist, call the sports medicine rehabilitation program at 706-721-PLAY (7529) and select option 3.
How to Prepare For Your Physical Therapy Appointment
Schedule an online appointment now, or call 706-721-2273 (CARE) or 800-736-CARE (2273) to speak to a member of our CARE team.