Skilled Care for High Risk Pregnancies
If you are experiencing a high risk pregnancy, you need special care.
Women’s Health provides accessible high-risk neonatal care for women throughout a 24-county area in Georgia through the Augusta Regional Perinatal Center at Medical Center at Augusta University. By providing risk-appropriate care, this state-designated center reduces maternal and infant morbidity and mortality rates.
The center provides the following services to high-risk obstetric patients:
- Consultations with maternal-fetal medical specialists
- Transportation, prenatal care, delivery and post-partum and newborn care for women experiencing high risk pregnancies. Women and infants who meet financial criteria are eligible for funding.
- Pregnancy related services, such as in-home health assessments and teaching for women who have recently delivered a baby
- Education and support for pregnant and parenting teens
- Perinatal case management
- A Registered Nurse who serves as an obstetric outreach educator
- Medical Social Workers who help patients access the services they need
- Registered Dieticians
If you are experiencing a high-risk pregnancy, call (706) 721-2273 (CARE) or 800-736-CARE (2273) to schedule an appointment at the Augusta Regional Perinatal Center at Medical Center at Augusta University.