The Medical Center at Augusta University Teen Board is an important part of our volunteer program. The purpose of the board is to utilize our community teenagers in a meaningful way by assisting in activities that benefit patients, families and community served by the Augusta University Health.
The Teen Board is comprised of seven teenagers, ranging from 15-17 years of age. Membership selection is made from a pool of teens who have participated in our annual Volunteen Program at least once. In order to become a member, volunteens must be invited to join the board, selections can occur throughout the year.
The Teen Board meets once a month and all members are expected to attend and participate in at least 80% of the meetings, planned activities and events. Each year we select new projects to participate in and develop new goals for the Teen Board. Some of the Teen Board's past activities include:
- Walk for a Cure
- Medical Center at Augusta University holiday decorating
- hosting parties for Children’s Hospital of Georgia
- assisting with preparations for Camp Rainbow
- obtaining contributions for the Bread Basket Buddies project and other special needs units
- interest shares
- assisted hospital greeters
- wrapped holiday gifts for the Salvation Army.