Reaching Out to Athletes Across the CSRA
Augusta University Sports Medicine's Outreach Program provides Athletic Trainers to meet the needs of recreational, scholastic and collegiate athletes and others throughout the CSRA. Recognized as allied health care professionals by the American Medical Association, these skilled professionals work under the direction of a licensed physician and offer the following services:
- Promote injury prevention;
- Recognize, evaluate and treat on-site injuries;
- Help to manage injuries and return athletes to play in a safe and timely manner;
- Provide game, practice and event medical coverage;
- Bracing, splinting and taping;
- Develop home exercise programs;
- Help athletes improve their performance;
- Work closely with coaches, school nurses and Augusta University physicians; and
- Develop educational programs.
For more information on our community outreach program, please call 706-721-3527, and ask to speak to a Athletic Trainer.
We serving these high schools, universities and organizations.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Schedule an online appointment, or call 706-721-PLAY (7529) to speak to a member of our sports medicine CARE team. We also offer same-day appointments for emergencies.