Sports Medicine for the Athlete in All of Us
Maybe you’re a weekend warrior who is active only occasionally. Perhaps you’re a dedicated athlete with a serious training schedule or even someone who loves to garden. Or maybe your job requires you to be on your feet, climbing or lifting all day long.
As the region’s only comprehensive sports medicine program, Augusta University Sports Medicine is a leader in preventing and treating sports-related injuries for the athlete in all of us. When we say we are comprehensive, we mean just that. We provide:
- A full staff of board-certified and fellowship-trained sports medicine specialists, including orthopaedic surgeons, primary care physicians and advanced practice professionals (nurse practitioners and physician assistants);
- The area’s largest team of licensed Certified Athletic Trainers, working with professional and student athletes on the field and in the clinic;
- Licensed sports physical therapists;
- Easy, onsite access to a vast array of subspecialists for sports injury-related issues, including eye specialists, plastic surgeons, oral surgeons, cardiologists, neurologists and more; and
- A state-of-the-art rehabilitation center.
The Region’s Best Athletes Trust Us for Their Care
The GreenJackets. The Jaguars. The Augusta Ballet. Ironmen from around the world. What do they have in common?
They asked Augusta University Sports Medicine to be their official health care provider for event and team coverage of athletes on the field, court or stage.
Treatments and Programs
At Augusta University Sports Medicine, our focus is as much on prevention as it is treatment, whether you have a complex, multi-ligament knee injury or a simple sprain or strain.
Our programs focus on keeping you healthy and active and include the following:
- A regional concussion center to provide education, prevent and treat concussions.
- An athlete’s heart program. Together with Augusta University cardiologists, we provide screening and care to catch and treat heart problems in athletes before there’s a problem.
- A runner’s clinic. We focus on gait and mechanics and also assist with fit and maintenance of the proper shoe to help prevent injury.
- Golf injury prevention and rehabilitation, with our Titleist-certified golf rehabilitation specialists.
- Fall Sports Injury Clinic to treat your child’s non-emergent sports injuries on Saturdays during high school football season.
We also offer:
- A full range of traditional and innovative arthroscopic surgery for every type of injury.
- Advanced fixation for broken bones.
- Injections and aspirations to relieve pain and inflammation for acute or chronic injuries .
- Prescriptions for bracing, orthotics and medications.
- Physical therapy within an onsite, state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility.
- Care coordination. We make sure you see the right specialists for your complex injury, and we work together on your case.
- Licensed Certified Athletic Trainers who work with student and professional athletes by providing health care, prevention education and assessing readiness-to-play, both on the field and off.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Schedule an online appointment, or call 706-721-PLAY (7529) to speak to a member of our sports medicine CARE team. We also offer same-day appointments for emergencies.