Join the "A" Team with Sports Medicine Care by Skilled Specialists
The experienced physicians at Augusta University Sports Medicine in Augusta, GA, diagnose and treat the full range of sports trauma and overuse injuries in athletes and active people. Skilled caregivers will perform a thorough evaluation to determine which physician best suits your needs. The team prefers nonsurgical solutions whenever possible and offers the following:
- A full range of diagnostic tests, including MRIs, ultrasounds, X-rays and CT scans;
- Injections, aspirations and other nonsurgical care by a board-certified family practice physician who is fellowship trained in primary care sports medicine;
- Arthroscopic and traditional and innovative surgeries ranging from knee and shoulder scopes to total joint replacements by an orthopaedic surgeon fellowship trained in sports medicine;
- Easy access to our rehabilitation center;
- Evaluation and care for issues that affect athletic performance, such as heat, head injuries and concussion, exercise-induced asthma, exercise prescriptions and runners' injuries;
- Easy access to the physicians in Augusta University Orthopaedics, which includes physicians who are fellowship trained in virtually every orthopaedic subspecialty, including spine, foot and ankle and hand surgery;
- Splints and casts by a trained and experienced technician; and
- Easy appointments, with emergencies generally seen on the same day.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Schedule an online appointment, or call 706-721-PLAY (7529) to speak to a member of our sports medicine CARE team. We also offer same-day appointments for emergencies.