Region’s Experts in Shoulder Replacement and Care
We are the region’s leaders in shoulder replacement and care. We treat aging-related and other conditions of the shoulder, including:
- Rotator cuff injuries due to sports, simple wear-and-tear and work-related falls
- Shoulder girdle fractures
- Failed rotator cuff or standard shoulder surgery consultation
Our Doctors Design Shoulder Replacements
Dr. Lynn Crosby, Director of Shoulder Surgery at Augusta University, designed a reverse shoulder replacement system that is now used at institutions around the world. Our shoulder surgeons are also members of the prestigious American Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, an invitation-only group whose members include only about 400 orthopaedic surgeons in the United States and internationally.
If you need surgery, we sit down with you and your family to discuss what to expect before, during and afterward, including physical therapy. We rely on well-researched and individualized shoulder techniques to relieve pain, restore function and return you to an optimum quality of life. They include:
- Rotator cuff or standard shoulder replacement surgery, caused by arthritis, rotator cuff tears or shoulder fracture or injury.
- Reverse shoulder replacement surgery. Some patients have lost their rotator cuff muscles due to wear and tear, injury or a past failed surgery. This advanced technique uses a reverse ball and socket prosthesis to rebuild stability and function.
- Consultations on past failed rotator cuff or standard shoulder replacement surgeries.
- Shoulder rehabilitation specialists who are dedicated to providing physical therapy just for the shoulder.
- A dedicated Sports Medicine program providing care for sports-related shoulder injuries.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Schedule an online appointment or call 706-721-2741 to speak to a member of our shoulder CARE team. We also offer same-day appointments for emergencies.