Fixing Complex and Simple Fractures
Is it a bone-crushing car accident? Or a simple fall? The answer to either question is the same: Trust the fellowship-trained orthopaedic trauma surgeons at Augusta University Medical Center.
We are expert “fracture fixers” - skilled at treating the most complex injuries. Since you trust us with your most complex injuries, why not trust us with the most straightforward, too?
Region’s Only Level I Trauma Center
Level I trauma centers meet or exceed national standards for specialty expertise in caring for people after a motor vehicle crash, falls, violence, sports- or job-related injuries.
Because Augusta University Medical Center is the region’s only Level I (highest level) trauma center, our expertise in trauma and fractures is the highest in the region. For example, we are the only hospital in the region with an orthopaedic trauma surgeon specially trained to handle complex pelvic and hip socket (acetabular) surgeries. Other hospitals refer their complex cases to us.
Our orthopaedic surgeons care for any broken bone or bone issue in the body, including:
- Pelvic fractures;
- Hip socket (acetabular) fractures;
- Surgical preservation of the hip for adults and adolescents with abnormal formations of the hip socket, including dysplasia or impingement, that can cause pain and early arthritis;
- Osteoporosis-related fractures;
- Limb length inequality surgery;
- Limb salvage, in the case of devastating injuries;
- Hip and knee reconstruction, or joint replacement;
- Bone infection or crooked bone after an initial fracture; and
- Advanced fixation techniques for general broken bones (hip, spine, arms, legs).
Schedule an Appointment Now
If you or a loved one have experienced a trauma, call 911 immediately, and ask for the Level I Trauma Center at Augusta University Medical Center.
You may also schedule an online appointment or call 706-721-2741 to speak to a member of our orthopaedic CARE team. We also offer same-day appointments for emergencies.