Total Joint Replacement Surgery From Medical Center at Augusta University in Augusta, Georgia
If you suffer from chronic hip, knee or shoulder pain or disorders, you may be a candidate for total joint replacement surgery.
The Medical Center at Augusta University Joint Replacement Center in Augusta, Georgia staffs highly skilled orthopaedic surgeons who specialize in total joint replacement surgery, in which the damaged joint is removed and replaced with an artificial prosthesis.
After performing a complete medical and physical evaluation to determine if joint replacement surgery is right for you, your orthopaedic surgeon will select the implant and chose the joint replacement procedure that best fits your needs.
The Joint Replacement Center offers:
- Conventional and minimally invasive hip, knee and shoulder replacement surgery. Minimally invasive surgeries generally result in shorter hospital stays, smaller surgical scars and less trauma, pain medication and blood loss.
- Long-lasting ceramic hip replacements for qualified candidates
- Hip resurfacing in which the worn surfaces of the hip joint are covered
- Partial knee replacement in which surgeons remove and replace the cartilage in just the damaged section of the knee
- Pain management therapies to keep you as comfortable as possible
- Inpatient physical therapy and outpatient physical therapy in our Sports Medicine Rehabilitation Center
- Case managers who coordinate joint replacement care from beginning to end
Schedule an online appointment now or call (706) 721-2273 (CARE) or 800-736-CARE (2273) to speak to a member of our joint replacement CARE team.