AWARDS AND HONORS
- “A” Proficiency Designator - Awarded 1 April 2010 by the Surgeon General and Commanding General, US Army Medical Command: The highest award that the Army Medical Department can bestow to recognize professional expertise, ability, and achievement in both clinical and academic medicine.
- Outstanding Orthopaedic Educator 2009 – Awarded June 2009 at Madigan Army Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Orthopaedic Service for strong commitment to residency education, mentorship, and leadership.
- Combat Medical Badge – Received 22 OCT 2003 for participation in combat operations under enemy hostile fire in support of OIF 17 MAY 2003.
- Parachutist Badge with Bronze Service Star – Received 24 MAY 2004 for participation in a combat jump into enemy controlled territory in support of OIF 26 March 2003.
- Assault Landing Credit – Received 20 May 2004 for participation in a parachute assault landing into enemy controlled territory in support of OIF 26 March 2003.
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with Arrowhead Device – Received 20 May 2004 for participation in combat parachute jump in support of OIF 26 March 2003.
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal – Received for participation in OIF 26 Mar 2003 – 28 Aug 2003.
- Meritorious Service Medal (2 awards) -- Received May 1997 for services during Operational Tour as Brigade Surgeon, Vicenza, Italy. Received second award July 2008.
- Army Commendation Medal (2 awards)-- Received March 1996 for services during Operation Joint Endeavor. Tuzla, Bosnia-Herzegovina and July 2003 for services during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Army Achievement Medal (2 awards)
- Distinguished Star-- Received at the United States Military Academy during junior and senior years for completing those years ranking in the top 5% of the class academically.
- Academic Achievement Award -- Dean’s List sophomore through senior years at the United States Military Academy.
- Phi Kappa Phi -- National Honor Society, inducted during first class year at USMA.
- “A” Letter -- Varsity letter while participating as a member of the USMA Varsity Track Team.
- All Army Select Team -- Selected to the United States All Army Rugby Squad. 1991-’94
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS
2009 - 2014 Associate Professor of Surgery, USUHS
2009 - 2014 Chief, Spinal Reconstructive Surgery, Eisenhower Army Med Ctr, Ft Gordon, GA
2009 - 2013 Program Director, Orthopaedic Residency, Eisenhower Army Medical Center
2010 - 2013 Staff Orthopaedic Traumatologist, Palmetto Health Richland, Columbia SC
2007 – 2009 Vice Chairman, IRB – Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma WA
2004 – 2009 IRB Member, Dept of Clinical Invest, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma WA
2002 – 2009 Director, Orthopaedic Research, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma WA
2002 – 2009 Chief, Spinal Reconstructive Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma WA
1995 – 1997 Brigade Surgeon, Lion Infantry Brigade (Airborne), Vicenza, Italy