Advanced Solutions for Back Pain and Disc Degeneration in Augusta, Georgia
Augusta University Orthopaedics in Augusta, GA offers back pain relief for orthopaedic patients in Georgia, South Carolina and the Southeast who suffer with:
- Degenerative disc disease;
- Herniated discs;
- Spinal stenosis;
- Persistent lower back pain or upper back pain; and
- Other orthopaedic problems with discs in their spine.
Fortunately, these conditions can generally be treated without surgery with proper exercise, medications, epidural injections, weight reduction or lumbar corsets.
If these back pain relief options fail and pain is intolerable or limits daily function, Augusta University also operates an internationally renowned Spine Center of Excellence that offers the following solutions for disc degeneration:
- Orthopaedic surgeons who specialize in spinal disc problems;
- Spinal fusion surgery;
- Disc replacement surgery;
- Surgery to implant metal rods for scoliosis patients;
- Surgical solutions for spinal stenosis; and
- Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty, outpatient procedures in which cement is placed within the vertebra.
Schedule an online appointment now, or call (706) 721-2273 (CARE) or 800-736-CARE (2273) to speak to a member of our CARE team.