Augusta University Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center Offers State-of-the-Art Capabilities
As the first Stroke Center to achieve Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center status in the state of Georgia, board-certified and fellowship trained specialists at Augusta University Health's Neuroscience Center provide expert care, including:
- Advanced technology, including a state-of-the-art angiography suite to identify and treat problems with blood vessels in the brain
- Specialized stroke care by a team of stroke specialists who collaborate with one another and other caregivers
- The area’s only interventional care to prevent and treat strokes
- Fast, accurate and leading-edge Emergency Department care
- REACH Call, a nationally recognized telemedicine program developed by Medical Center at Augusta University neurologists that connects Medical Center at Augusta University specialists to participating rural hospitals 24/7
- Endovascular care, including embolization for ruptured aneurysms and brain vascular malformations
- Surgical removal of plaque and carotid artery stenting
- Open vascular surgery for ruptured aneurysms and brain vascular malformations
- Nationally renowned neurosurgeons that are dual trained in both open and endovascular techniques
- Revascularization procedures for diseases like moyamoya or sickle cell vasculopathy
- Gamma knife treatment for brain vascular malformations
- A Neurocritical Care Unit supervised by neurologists and neurosurgeons
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services by skilled physical, speech and occupational therapists
- Support services by caring medical social workers, licensed dietitians, psychologists and neuropsychologists
- Preventive and educational outreach services
If you have any questions about the Stroke Program, we invite you to call and speak with our compassionate stroke team at 706-721-1691. If you have questions about a pain management appointment or need a physician referral to pain management surgical services, please call us directly at 706- 721-3071.
Request an online appointment now or call our Scheduling Center today at 706-721-4581 or toll free at 800-736-CARE (2273).
For prescription refills, please call 706-823-6377.