The Advantage of the Comprehensive Stroke Center at Augusta University Medical Center
Augusta University's Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center Offers:
- Advanced technology, including a state-of-the-art angiography suite to identify and treat problems with blood vessels in the brain
- Specialized stroke care by a team of stroke specialists who collaborate with one another and other caregivers
- The area’s only interventional care to prevent and treat strokes
- Fast, accurate and leading-edge Emergency Department care
- REACH Call, a nationally recognized telemedicine program developed by Augusta University neurologists that connects Augusta University specialists to participating rural hospitals 24/7
- Endovascular care, including embolization for ruptured aneurysms and brain vascular malformations
- Surgical removal of plaque and carotid artery stenting
- Open vascular surgery for ruptured aneurysms and brain vascular malformations
- Nationally renowned neurosurgeons that are dual trained in both open and endovascular techniques
- Revascularization procedures for diseases like moyamoya or sickle cell vasculopathy
- Gamma knife treatment for brain vascular malformations
- A Neurocritical Care Unit supervised by neurologists and neurosurgeons
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services by skilled physical, speech and occupational therapists
- Support services by caring medical social workers, licensed dietitians, psychologists and neuropsychologists
- Preventive and educational outreach services
If you have any questions about the Stroke Program at Augusta University, we invite you to call and speak with our compassionate stroke team at 706-721-1691.
If you have questions about a pain management appointment or need a physician referral the Augusta University pain management surgical services, please call us directly at 706- 721-3071.
Request an online appointment now or call our Scheduling Center today at 706-721-4581 or toll free at 800-736-CARE (2273).
For prescription refills, please call 706-823-6377.