Neurovascular Care for Aneurysms and Other Cerebrovascular Disorders in Augusta, Georgia
If you need neurovascular care or surgery, the Medical Center at Augusta University Neuroscience Center of Excellence in Augusta, GA. staffs an experienced team that includes a nationally renowned endovascular neurosurgeon trained in both open vascular and endovascular techniques.
The staff also includes neurologists and neurosurgeons (including endovascular specialists) with advanced training in stroke and other neurovascular diseases.
These professionals work together to determine the most effective treatment for each patient and deliver expert care for cerebral aneurysms, cerebral arteriovenous malformations, carotid stenosis, stroke, cerebral vascular insufficiency, and other cerebrovascular conditions.
The Neurovascular and Endovascular Center Offers:
- A team of specialists who focus on stroke and aneurysm care and research
- The latest diagnostic tests and technology, including a state-of-the-art bipanar angiography suite to identify and treat problems with blood vessels in the neck and brain
- Carotid artery stenting to avoid more invasive endarterectomy, or surgical removal of plaque in the carotid artery, when possible
- Clipping of aneurysms, an open-skull procedure performed by a neurosurgeon who places a metal clip across the neck of the aneurysm
Endovascular coiling, a minimally invasive procedure that uses the body’s arteries to deliver platinum coils which seal off blood flow into aneurysms
- Endovascular glue embolization of arteriovenous malformations (a tangle of blood vessels in the brain)
- A Neurointensive Care Unit staffed by neurologists and neurosurgeons.
- Medical Center at Augusta University Gamma Knife Center for noninvasive radiosurgery for cerebral malformations and other conditions
Meet Our Endovascular Neurosurgeons
Cargill H. Alleyne, Jr., MD
Scott Rahimi, MD
Request an online appointment now or call our Scheduling Center today at 706-721-4581 or toll free at 800-736-CARE (2273). .