Augusta University Health By the Numbers
- We are the area’s only academic health center and one of only four in Georgia.
- Our modern facilities include a variety of dedicated centers and units.
- Augusta University Health physicians travel to more than 90 satellite clinics.
- The hospitals and clinics employ nearly 3,000 people.
- Augusta University Health has a payroll of more than $100 million.
- The health system is a national pioneer in Patient- and Family-Centered Care.
- Our cost per case consistently ranks in the lowest group in the University HealthSystem Consortium, a nationwide alliance of academic health centers.
- Augusta University Health has repeatedly made the Community Value Index Top 100, the only Georgia health system so named by Cleverly + Associates for adding value to the community.
Augusta University Health includes:
- 478-bed Medical Center
- 154-bed Children's Hospital of Georgia housing a Level I pediatric trauma center
- More than 80 outpatient clinics in our Georgia Regents Medical Office Building
- Specialized Care Center housing a 13-county Level I regional trauma center
See our list of clinical Awards and Recognition