How Does the Stereotaxis™ GentleTouch Technology Work?
The Stereotaxis™ system is based on powerful magnets, sophisticated software and soft, flexible catheters that greatly reduce the risk of perforating heart tissue or blood vessels.
Here’s how the procedure is performed:
- A physician uses software and a control panel to drive powerful magnets positioned near the patient.
- The software draws a 3-dimensional map of the heart chambers, revealing potentially diseased tissue.
- Using the magnets, the physician gently guides a soft catheter with a magnetic tip along this map through the vessels and heart.
- The physician safely positions the catheter in the precise location where therapy is required with unparalleled precision.
- The physician ablates, or destroys, the damaged tissue to restore normal heart rhythm.
The Stereotaxis™ system offers many benefits over traditional cardiac EP catheterization.