Heart and Vascular Surgery
To request a same-day appointment, call 706-664-0584.
Augusta University Medical Center offers a comprehensive focus on preventive heart care, and is the only institution that is backed by an academic health center, meaning that we have the most advanced team of specialists and the latest technology.
With a 0% mortality rate for vial and bypass surgery in 2011, you can trust the heart and vascular surgeons at Augusta University Medical Center. They are highly trained, board-certified specialists from renowned programs such as the Mayo Clinic and Duke University Medical Center and offer a complete range of heart and vascular surgery options for both adults and children. In fact, no other center in this area offers as wide a range of procedures as we do.
In addition, as a regional referral center, we take care of more patients with advanced stages of heart disease. Our experience means better care for you and your family, no matter your diagnosis.
We Offer More Heart and Vascular Surgery Options
Our heart surgeries include:
- Aortic aneurysm
- Congenital heart defects
- Coronary artery bypass, including "off pump" beating heart surgery, which does not require stopping the heart and can offer a number of benefits for patients
- Device placement
- Mitral valve replacement and repair
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgery
Our vascular surgeries include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms, endovascular repair
- Carotid artery surgery, including endocardectomy to clear blockages, plus stenting
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Peripheral arterial aneurysms, endovascular repair
- Peripheral vascular disease, including bypass, angioplasty and stenting
Meet our Heart and Vascular Surgeons
Dr. M. Vinayak Kamath, chief of cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
Dr. Vijay Patel, cardiothoracic surgeon
Dr. Gautam Agarwal, vascular surgeon