Chest Pain Center Patient Transfer Information for EMS Providers and Hospital Emergency Room Personnel
Call our direct line for patient transfers and to consult with an interventional cardiologist. No hassles, no waiting.
To fax an EKG: 706-721-5606
The Augusta, GA, area’s first nationally accredited chest pain center
Our Emergency Services at Augusta University Medical Center offer the area’s first accredited Chest Pain Center. Specialists in acute cardiac care are standing by 24-7-365 with the most advanced imaging, state-of-the-art monitoring and all the interventional expertise of our Cardiovascular Center.
- Recently achieved a rate of 90% within 90 minutes or less, for the revascularization patients with STEMI (“door-to-balloon time”)
- Only heart center in the CSRA where all cardiac interventions are handled exclusively by dedicated, high-volume interventional cardiologists
- The area’s only Level I Trauma Center
- First accredited chest pain center in the CSRA
- Superior clinical outcomes delivered by a team of interventional and non-interventional cardiologists, who collaborate in the post-procedure plan of care