Refer Your Patients to the Radiation Therapy Center
When your patients need radiation therapy to treat cancer, consider the Radiation Therapy Center. This free-standing regional facility, located on the Medical Center at Augusta University campus, serves as an open-staff community cancer treatment center for Georgia. We will see your patient quickly, submit prompt, thorough reports on our findings, and keep you updated on your patients’ progress. Equipped to fight tumors in children and adults with precision and care, the Center offers:
- The largest, most diverse team of radiation oncologists in the Augusta area
- SmartBeam intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). Similar to a global positioning system, this technology targets beams to the exact shape of tumors, allowing for higher doses of radiation without impacting surrounding organs or tissue.
- An “Inspiration Environment” equipped exclusively with Varian technology. This allows for smoother, more coordinate planning, monitoring and delivery of care.
- Fifteen board-certified radiation therapists, a higher standard than the state requires
Give Your Patients Access to Leading-edge Technology
The Center is equipped with advanced radiation technology, including:
- Varian Linear Accelerators. The Center has four of these $3 million machines, which deliver radiation therapy and are operated by board-certified therapists.
- Philips Brilliant Big Bore CT. Allows for greater comfort during Computed Tomography (CT) scans for developing individualized plans of care.
- Philips PET/CT. The newest and fastest combination of positron emission tomography (PET) and computed tomography (CT) technology for quick and easy access to two important tests in one.
- Varian Eclipse Planning System to develop safe, individualized treatment plans.
- ARIA Software. An electronic medical record system that compiles patient data into a single, organized file used to monitor care and ensure the highest standards.
To refer an adult or pediatric patient to the Georgia Radiation Therapy Center,
call 706-721-2971 or FAX 706-721-1937.
We are honored you've chosen The Georgia Cancer Center for your patient's care. Please do not hesitate to contact any of our Practice Site leaders if you need any assistance or information.