Why Choose Us?
Each year 62 million Americans are diagnosed with digestive disorders, ranging from the occasional upset stomach to the more life-threatening colon cancer. Gastrointestinal and liver problems can interfere with your daily routine, cause embarrassing symptoms and indicate serious medical conditions. Unfortunately, these conditions can be difficult to diagnose without advanced technology, sub-specialty training and attentive listening skills.
The experienced gastroenterologists and hepatologists at Medical Center at Augusta University understand the problems you face. We take the time to uncover the underlying cause of even complex disorders and treat them effectively. That's why we serve as a regional referral center for physicians throughout the area.
Augusta, Georgia's Only Neurogastroenterologist and Motility Clinic
Our team includes skilled physicians with training in virtually every subspecialty of gastroenterology. This includes the area's only neurogastroenterologist, or specialist in the complex interaction between the central nervous system and the digestive tract. We offer tests and therapeutic procedures not available at other area facilities, and we operate on of only 10 motility clinics in the nation to be designated as a "Center of Excellence" by the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society. The clinic is equipped with the technology needed to diagnose and treat even subtle disruptions in the way food moves through the digestive tract.
- A staff of distinguished gastroenterologists/hepatologists
- Multidisciplinary care that is coordinated with surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, otolaryngologists (ENT), urogynecologists and urologists
- Diagnosis and treatment of a full range of gastrointestinal disorders
- Endoscopy suites equipped with the latest technology
- Conventional diagnostic tests and the widest range of advanced diagnostic tests in the region
- The area’s broadest range of therapies. This includes conventional therapeutic procedures as well as advanced therapies not available at other area hospitals.
- Specialty clinics for motility disorders, pelvic floor disorders, lactose and fructose intolerance, dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), GERD, irritable bowel syndrome, gastroparesis and constipation
- Care and coordination with physicians, surgeons and patients at the Augusta University Health Center for Obesity and Metabolism
- Nutritional services by registered dieticians
- Access to clinical trials, including phase 1, 2 and 3 trials
- All the resources of Medical Center at Augusta University, where physicians and scientists are conducting groundbreaking research on gastrointestinal and liver disorders
Don’t let gastrointestinal problems disrupt your busy lifestyle. Request an online appointment or call 706-721-9522 to arrange a quick, convenient appointment or refer a patient