A Full Range of Diagnostic Cardiology Tests for Diagnosing Heart Problems in Children
Successful pediatric heart care begins with an accurate diagnosis, and this requires state-of-the-art pediatric cardiac diagnostic testing.
Pediatric cardiologists in the Pediatric Cardiology Program at the Children’s Hospital of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia offer a spectrum of pediatric cardiac diagnostic tests, including:
- Pediatric echocardiography to assess the heart structures and function. The Children’s Hospital of Georgia operates the area’s only Pediatric Echocardiography Lab. It is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories.
- Pediatric computerized tomographic scans (CT) to capture many different views of the heart and major blood vessels. These three-dimensional reconstructions display intricate relationships that assist in determining the correct approach and intervention.
- Pediatric cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (cMRI) to help determine the appropriate procedure and when to perform it
- Electrocardiograms to measure the electrical activity of the heart
- Holter monitoring and event recorders to record the electrical activity of a child’s heart for extended periods of time.
- Exercise stress test
Meet Our Pediatric Cardiologists
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric cardiology team.