Depend on the Area’s Highest Level Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The Children’s Hospital of Georgia’s Level IV (highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit offers some of the most advanced technology and skilled physicians in the Southeast. As a leading regional perinatal center, the unit treats patients who need highly specialized care that many other regional perinatal centers cannot provide. Its staff gives the tiniest patients a fighting chance at life by delivering skilled and coordinated care to meet the complex needs of premature babies and their families. The NICU offers:
- The largest team of neonatologists in the area
- 45 beds, including six in a HEPA-filtered area to protect at-risk babies from infections
- Approximately 100 registered nurses who specialize in neonatal care, are certified in neonatal resuscitation and deliver one-on-one care when needed
- Dedicated pediatric dieticians, pharmacists and respiratory therapists for ventilation and other procedures
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) technology and team to provide heart and lung bypass as needed. ECMO can be used to keep the hearts and lungs of critically ill infants working.
- A Neonatal Air and Ground Transport Team
- A kitchenette, family day room, solarium and family-consult area
- Parent education
- A neonatal follow-up program for children with ongoing medical needs
For more information, call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our care team.