Comprehensive Treatment for Children with Pediatric Hemophilia
Children with pediatric hemophilia need easy access to comprehensive treatment by physicians who understand this inherited blood disorder.
The Pediatric Cancer and Blood Disorder Center at Children's Hospital of Georgia operates the only pediatric hemophilia treatment program in the Augusta, Georgia region.
Pediatric Hemophilia Program Features
Our pediatric hemophilia program offers:
- A pediatric hemophilia clinic that meets twice a month and delivers multidisciplinary care by a pediatric oncologist-hematologist, medical social worker and physical therapists
- Child Life Specialists to help children with hemophilia understand and cope with treatment for pediatric hemophilia
- Diagnosis, evaluation, multidisciplinary care, surgery and management for hemophilia and other hereditary hemorrhagic or thrombotic disorders
- Expert care by pediatric oncologists-hematologists and nurses that specialize in hemophilia
- Genetic counseling
- Patient Family Centered Care
- Prophylaxis, or factor-replacement infusions to increase clotting levels and prevent bleeding
- Quick referrals to pediatric dentists, orthopaedic surgeons, neurologists and other physicians
Meet Our Pediatric Hemophilia Physician
Resources for Children with Hemophilia
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric hemophilia care team.