Coordinated Care at the Area’s Only Dedicated Children’s Hospital
The Children’s Hospital of Georgia is built around a 154-bed hospital dedicated to the care of children, teens and their families. A regional referral center, the hospital is staffed by dedicated caregivers who deliver comprehensive care to children from newborns to age 21.
Designed exclusively for children, it provides a cheerful, comfortable environment for patients and families. The hospital features a cascading wall of water, a little river, a reflecting pool, a video aquarium, gardens, playrooms, comfortable lounges and 24-hour visitation.
The only children’s hospital in the area, the facility offers:
- The area's largest team of general pediatricians and pediatric specialists supported by pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists, dieticians, pharmacists, social workers and other professionals
- Patient rooms equipped with advanced wireless technology, refrigerators, TVs, DVD players and wireless telemetry for heart monitoring when needed
- The area’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and PICU Air and Ground Transport Team
- The area’s only Level III-D (the highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and NICU Air and Ground Transport Team
- The region’s only pediatric emergency tertiary care center and pediatric trauma services
- A Hematology/Oncology Unit for children with cancer and blood diseases
- A team of registered nurses and respiratory therapists certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation (NPR)
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) technology and a trained team to keep the hearts and lungs of critically ill babies and children functioning during the healing process
- Pediatric Evaluation Teams (PETs) to quickly assess a patient's health status
- Pediatric pharmacists and protocols to help avoid medical errors
- Pediatric nurse educators and a Family Resource Library
- Menus designed with children's input to ensure favorite foods and sufficient caloric intake
- Kitchenettes, solariums, laundry facilities, and a teen playroom/lounge with a big-screen TV, Play Station system with games, drum set and other recreational equipment
- Certified teachers who help hospitalized children complete their school work
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with care
- A Pediatric Sedation Team, specially trained to safely sedate children for medical procedures
- Ongoing research and access to clinical trials
- Patient Family Centered Care
- Access to all the resources of one of Georgia's largest academic medical centers
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) for more information or to speak to a member of our care team.