Pediatric Sports Medicine Care for Young Athletes in Augusta, Georgia
Children’s Hospital of Georgia’s pediatric sports medicine program in Augusta, Georgia can help your child if they suffer from a sports injury or wishes to improve his or her athletic performance.
The program offers state-of-the art care through skilled physicians and therapists, advanced technology and community outreach to young athletes up to age 21.
Medical Center at Augusta University’s Pediatric Sports Medicine Program Offers:
- A board-certified Sports Medicine Physicians supported by physical therapists, occupational therapists and pediatric orthopaedic surgeons
- A dedicated pediatric rehabilitation center designed and equipped just for children
- Certified athletic trainers who provide coverage for schools, club, sport and other local organizations
- Registered dieticians to provide nutritional counseling
- Advanced technology including motion analysis software, isokenetic testing and concussion testing software
- Diagnosis and care for common sports injuries such as dislocations, sprains and strains, soft tissue injuries and dental emergencies
- Diagnosis and care for overuse injuries of the elbow, low back pain, jumper’s knee and tennis elbow
- Quick referrals to a wide range of pediatric specialists
- Responsive care for concussions and dehydration or heat-related illnesses
- Patient Family Centered Care
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with care
Meet Our Pediatric Sports Medicine Physicians
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric sports medicine team.