Expert Specialty Care by the Region’s Only Pediatric Neurosurgeons
If your child suffers from a pediatric neurological disorder, it’s comforting to know that the top-rated pediatric neurosurgeons from the Children's Hospital of Georgia in Augusta, perform leading-edge pediatric neurosurgeries on children from birth to age 21.
Pediatric Neurosurgery Hospital Features
Care in our pediatric neurosurgery hospital facilities offer:
- The region’s only pediatric neurosurgeon supported by pediatric neurologists, anesthesiologists and other pediatric specialists including pediatric plastic surgeons, maternal-fetal medicine specialists and pediatric urologists
- Care for congenital neurological disorders such as hydrocephalus, tethered cord and myelomeningocele
- Providing the most advanced surgical care of brain tumors to include the state of the art Gamma Knife Center for treating inoperable brain tumors and other disorders.
- Collaborative care and minimally invasive approaches for Craniosynostosis & other craniofacial malformations
- Clipping of aneurysms, an open-skull procedure during which a metal clip is placed across the neck of an aneurysm
- Endovascular coiling in the state of the art angiography suite to provide care for vascular malformation including resection of AVM’s and the clipping of aneurysms.
- A state-of-the-art biplanar angiography suite to identify and treat problems with blood vessels in the brain
- Inpatient care in the area’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), if needed
- Inpatient care in the area’s only Level IV (the highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), if needed
- A neonatal and pediatric transport team
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with care
- Patient Family Centered Care
- Located just steps away from the front door of the Children’s Hospital of Georgia, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Augusta provides a “home away from home” for families with a child receiving care at CHOG who live 25 miles or more away from Augusta.
Meet Our Pediatric Neurosurgeon
Directions and Address
Children's Hospital of Georgia
1447 Harper Street, 3rd floor
Augusta, GA, 30912
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 706-721-9386 to speak to a member of our pediatric neuroscience team.