A Multidisciplinary Team of Pediatric Gastroenterologists in Augusta, GA
If your child suffers from a gastrointestinal condition, you know how disruptive these problems can be.
Children’s Hospital of Georgia’s multidisciplinary staff of pediatric gastroenterologists treats and manages both complex and common gastrointestinal (GI) conditions in children up to 21 years of age.
A multidisciplinary team that consists of pediatric gastroenterologists, hepatologists, psychologists, social workers and other caregivers.
Pediatric Gastroenterology Department Features
Gastroenterology physicians throughout Georgia, South Carolina and the Southeast refer GI pediatric patients to Augusta University's Medical Center, which provides:
- A multidisciplinary team that consists of pediatric gastroenterologists, hepatologists, psychologists, social workers and other caregivers.
- Registered dieticians who specialize in pediatric care.
- A full range of in-house diagnostic testing, including endoscopies and colonoscopies with special equipment sized just for children, as well as tests that determine the amount and content of reflux.
- Care for pediatric patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, swallowing disorders, jaundice, liver diseases, nutritional disorders, defecation disorders, Hirschsprung’s disease, feeding intolerance, swallowing problems and other GI problems.
- Nurse coordinators/educators and nurse case managers.
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with treatments.
- A pediatric sedation team to safely sedate children for procedures when needed
- Camp Oasis, an annual summer camp for children with Crohn’s disease and colitis. Sponsored by the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, it offers education and recreation to children with these conditions.
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric gastroenterology team.