A multidisciplinary team committed to providing comprehensive care
The Adrenal Center at Medical Center at Augusta University consists of a multidisciplinary team committed to providing comprehensive care for patients with disorders of the adrenal gland(s).
For patients requiring surgery, we offer laparoscopic adrenal surgery (and open adrenal surgery if needed).
Surgical removal of the adrenal gland can result in significant complications:
- Injury to surrounding organs (liver, spleen, bowel, kidney)
- Hypertensive crisis that may lead to a heart attack or stroke.
Laparoscopic adrenalectomy is an improved technique for removing the adrenal gland, with many benefits:
- It represents a significant advance in caring for patients with adrenal gland disease.
- Complications are minimized when performed by surgeons with expertise.
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy at Medical Center at Augusta University is performed by surgeons with expertise and specialized (fellowship) training in laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery.
Adrenal Surgery: What to expect