Awards and Recognition
If the latest news about health care reform has you puzzled about where to receive the best health care, take a closer look at Augusta University Health. As a national pioneer of Patient- and Family-Centered Care, Augusta University Health has been at the forefront of health care reform since the early 90s, and we’re still being recognized for our accomplishments today.
Here are some of our most recent highlights:
- Thirteen physicians named "America's Top Doctors," the top 1 percent in the nation – For 15 consecutive years, Augusta University Medical Center has been the only hospital in the Central Savannah River Area to have its physicians ranked among the top 1 percent in the nation and included in this prestigious list.
- Augusta University Health earned three patient care quality and safety awards from the Partnership for Health and Accountability, an affiliate of the Georgia Hospital Association (GHA).
- Augusta University Health earned a spot in GHA’s prestigious Circle of Excellence for cumulative excellence in patient safety over the last five years.
- Augusta University Health has earned a Patient-Centric Imaging Award from Health Imaging magazine for its makeover of the pediatric imaging suite at CHOG. This is the second award for Augusta University Health; the first was presented in 2013 for patient care advances in the Breast Health Center.
- Augusta University Health earned awards for improving infant sleep safety through education efforts at Augusta University Medical Center and for curbing patient wait times through more efficient supply protocols in the pediatric medical/surgical unit and improving on-time start rates in pediatric surgery at the Children’s Hospital of Georgia at Augusta University (CHOG).
- Children's Hospital of Georgia reaccredited in echocardiography by demonstrating quality care by the pediatric cardiology team.
- CHOG offers high ECMO survival rates, according to data published by the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization, the international non-profit health care consortium that sets the standards for ECMO and other therapies that support failing organ systems.
- Augusta University Medical Center earned a CEO Cancer Gold Standard re-accreditation for maintaining a strong commitment to the health of its employees and satisfying the latest , comprehensive requirements of the Gold Standard.
- Fourteen physicians named "America’s Top Doctors," the top 1 percent in the nation
- Gold Standard Cancer Certification and American Heart Association Gold Level Fit-Friendly workplace
- The Children's Hospital of Georgia at Augusta University (CHOG) was the top-performing hospital in the nation in 2014 in quality and safety in the University HealthSystem Consortium.
- CHOG's ECMO program recognized for the fifth consecutive time with an international Award for Excellence in Life Support from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization – The ELSO Award is recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Parents magazine as criteria for top pediatric hospitals.
- Caregiver Action Network named Augusta University Medical Center one of the Nation’s 25 Best Practices in Patient and Family Engagement – Only nine U.S. hospital systems were recognized, and the medical center was the only one in Georgia.
- Augusta University Medical Center has earned a statewide award for enhancing cardiac care from the Partnership for Health and Accountability, an affiliate of the Georgia Hospital Association, for successfully managing blood sugar levels in heart surgery patients.
- Augusta University Medical Center – the first hospital in the Peach State to achieve Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center designation from the Joint Commission – was recently reaccredited and remains the only such center outside Atlanta in Georgia.
- Roosevelt Warm Springs Rehabilitation & Specialty Hospitals has earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® by demonstrating compliance with national standards for health care quality and safety in patient care. The Roosevelt Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital earned gold for stroke care, and the Roosevelt Long Term Acute Care Hospital for wound care.
- Augusta University Health was presented the prestigious Harry Orme, M.D., Partnership Award for exemplary Patient- and Family-Centered Care at the national PFCC Conference in October 2015 in California.
- Gold Standard Cancer Certification
- Josh Nahum Award for Patient Safety for central line-associated bloodstream infection prevention program
- LifeLink of Georgia Gold Award for organ, eye and tissue donation and registration efforts through the Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Campaign.