About Augusta University Health System
Based in Augusta, Georgia, Augusta University Health is a world-class health care network, offering the most comprehensive primary, specialty and subspecialty care in the region. Augusta University Health provides skilled, compassionate care to its patients, conducts leading-edge clinical research and fosters the medical education and training of tomorrow’s health care practitioners. Augusta University Health is a not-for-profit corporation that manages the clinical operations associated with Augusta University.
The health system in numbers
- 478-bed Augusta University Medical Center at Augusta University
- 154-bed Children's Hospital of Georgia including the region's only Level IV NICU
- More than 80 outpatient practice sites in one convenient setting (Medical Office Building)
- Critical Care Center, housing a 13-county regional Level I trauma center
The academic medical center difference
Being an academic health center, Augusta University Health differs from community hospitals. We have three primary missions -- patient care, education and research. As an academic health center, we must provide a full range of clinical services and maintain the infrastructure to foster education and research.
Our physicians have the most up-to-date knowledge and training. Many of our health care professionals train the next generation of caregivers, while others conduct pioneering research that improves medical diagnosis, treatments and technology, bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
In short, Augusta University Health brings world-class clinicians, pioneering research, and the latest technologies and breakthroughs right here in Augusta.
Providing care across the state and beyond
In addition to providing care in the Augusta area, Augusta University Health physicians travel to satellite practice sites throughout Georgia illustrating our commitment to care for people across the state and region. Augusta University Health is a thriving academic health center that also is affiliated with the following entities:
- Augusta University – Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus is composed of the Colleges of Allied Health, Dental Medicine, Graduate Studies and Nursing and the Medical College of Georgia, the nation's 13th oldest and sixth largest medical school.
- Faculty group practice plans, including the AU Medical Associates, the AU Dental Associates, the Allied Health Practice Group and the School of Nursing Faculty Practice Group.
For more information on the medical services we provide, please visit our Health Services.
For information on how to Contact Us.